Friday, November 23, 2007

Thankful for Thanksgiving

Yesterday's Result: £806.89

Busy trading day yesterday then. Had it in the diary for a while so have had a hectic week trying to clear the decks normal work wise to free up a day or two for trading. Pleased it turned out to be worth it. Especially as it sent me through the £50,000 profit mark since I started the blog - and therefore just over half way to achieving my new £101k challenge :-)

Started the day with the first test between India and Pakistan. Couldn't see a reason not to oppose the draw at 2.2x in the build up to the test so this formed my opening position. Got up a little late for the start of the match and missed the price blowing to 2.88 overnight before returning to 2.14 by the time I had tuned in during the second over or so. Early wickets saw the price drift though and I backed India shortly before lunch.

Which was all looking great by the time Pakistan were 8 wickets down before tea. Misbah and Sami then frustrated India till the end of the day and I ended up reducing my reds on Pakistan and the draw as the score gradually ticked over 200. So a good day overall if a little disappointing towards the end. What was looking set for a possible big win by my standards - even early in the test - is now looking more moderate. Still a long way to go though and a pleasing day one form a trading perspective.

Over in America it was Thanksgiving Day and that meant 3 live NFL matches. Couldn't do them all but had a look in on two. Things started badly in the first between Green Bay and Detroit when I submitted a bet in error on the Packers. I wanted to get on them, just not when I did and that existing position stopped me taking the odds against prices when the Lions got the opening scores. Didn't take too long for Favre to turn on the style though - throwing a franchise record 20 straight completions - and I ended up with a profit of around £260.

The rest of the day's profit came from the Dallas Cowboys v New York Jets game. Got involved in the match odds and a handicap market. Was really only going to be the Cowboys all the way and indeed once the game had started their price never got bigger than the SP. (P.S. Romo did not throw a franchise equalling 20 straight completions. What kind of numpty would get something like that wrong?!)

Took a couple of screen shots from today's action but think I'll post them over the weekend as part of a trading tip to get a new trading tips section I'll be starting underway.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good stuff BLT. Check out my blog btw. There is no point me insulting you on a regular basis if you do not bother to read it. India great bet IMO.

The Gambler. :-).

STST said...

Nice result mate! I know you're tired after being up all night but it was Favre who broke the franchise record, remember?!?!

Hope you keep building on your green in the test.

All the best

Gareth

The Betfair Trader said...

Whoops! Thanks Gareth. Yes, I remember - I was discussing it with you at the time! Looks like you were right about not being fresh headed for the morning!!

Have edited that bit. Thanks for pointing it out(red faced smiley)

The Betfair Trader said...

I saw it John. Just chose to rise above it ;-) Nah, seriously, hope mother G is ok. The BUG stuff was interesting.

Look forward to following your hallowed footsteps in the Man of Mystery's archives.

The Gambler's blog