Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Stumped while trading cricket

Daily Result: £65.99

Spent several hours on the phone today sorting out stuff that, well, needed sorting, but managed a very quick dip into the tennis between it all and made a small profit.


Emma was out after work tonight so I had my eye on the West Indies v India ODI for a spot of evening trading. Got involved with the West Indies into their innings and with what looked a pretty straightforward run chase on.

There were some nice market swings but the event was ruined from a trading perspective when the one click trading tool I use to trade through the API decided to log me out and not recognise me when I tried to log back in again.

Very frustrating but not a lot I could do. I don't like trading sports like one day cricket and tennis through the original
Betfair interface as the markets can move too quickly to trade efficiently. (I know many manage it but I'm just too used to the trading software. Everything is just too slow and clunky without out and I don't feel as in control)

So I simply levelled out for an equal green at an opportune time and had to leave it. Bit of a pisser because as the run chase progressed the market was typically volatile - in short a trader's paradise. Felt I missed out on some pretty straightforward green really. Still, there's always another game and hopefully the login issue will be resolved by tomorrow.


As for Big Brother. Well I see Shahbaz has quit already! And a quick look at the prices and price history should be enough to persuade anyone why the show is a goldmine!!

No comments: