Sunday, June 11, 2006

Poor finish to Roland Garros

Daily Result: £3.80

:-) Don't take the piss!


After skipping yesterday's women's final to watch the England game (who the hell scheduled them both for 2pm?!!) I've got to say £3.80 is more than a little disappointing. But hey, green is better than red, it takes me over the £500 profit mark for the month and I didn't exactly get a fair crack at the whip. Let me explain....

Was never going to be able to trade the whole men's final anyway as my future sister in law and her new boyfriend were visiting. So my plan was to build up some green and then just spread it across Federer and Nadal and leave it.

Great plan. Poor exectution. Before I knew it the figures next to the players were red not green. No worries. Early in the game and plenty of time to turn around. Stick to the basics and all would be well. Which it was. The reds were reducing nicely and turned to green but then our visitors arrived early. Had little choice but to take what I considered a poor price (Nadal was a break up in the second but it was still early) and green out.

Anyway, got back to the match near the end. Built up some more green quickly and then took a risk in that Ilumped on Nadal when he was serving for the match. (I'd worked out what his price would be if he didn't serve it out and only lumped on what I could so that I could still get out small green if he didn't serve it out.) Of course, he didn't serve it out, I bailed for small allround green and then he won the tie break - leaving me with £3.80!

Don't normally take a risk like that but knew by doing it the way I did I couldn't lose money on the game and fancied him to serve it out. Federer had only been winning a point a game against Nadal's serve until then in the final set.

Anyway, so a bit of a wasted weekend trading wise but the good news is we're moving onto the grass at Queen's tomorrow. The grass courts are my favourite part of the season so looking forward to the next couple of months.

No comments: