Monday, July 10, 2006

Cricket trading: 20/20 match

Daily Result: £155.21

Was out and about today but caught some of the rescheduled Glamorgan v Gloucestershire Twenty20 game this evening. Traded the Glamorgan innings and thought they'd actually made a fair go at it. With 190 runs on the board with a ground average of 165 I was surprised to see 1.5x available at the innings break. Sure, bowling with a wet ball isn't easy but the outfield was slow and the boundaries big.

The reason, of course, was the Gloucestershire opening pair of Harvey and Spearman. I decided to keep my green pretty level until they were out and was pleased I did as they made a good start on the run chase. Only got to see a few overs of the reply though before I had to stop trading the game.

Shame as it looks like the markets would have been all over the place with Gloucestershire making an unlikely 37 off the last 3 overs to win. Still, after a poor recent run I'll settle for the green I did get. Good to be back into profit for the month!

Popular links: Betfair trading software .....Bookmaker Free Bets.....Bet365

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best wishes in your endeavor....can you help me regarding 20/20 cricket as I know nothing about it....what is your stake level?(I have read your money management report)who do you decide to back? is it always the fav, when do you take a loss?

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to leave a quick note saying Congratulations in the magnificient recovery of your drawdown... one of the biggest rules is the ratio between LEARN and BLAME and if we always believe we are learning even with our mistakes that can only be very good...

Keep it up... drawdowns are part of the process...and for us to be "sucessful" we must live through them and actually look at them in a philosophical way...

Continue the great job, both on trading and in your blog...

Break a leg for today