Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Lancashire v Middlesex Pro 40

Daily Result: £193.46

Had to have a smile today. It seems someone at
Betdaq noticed I opened a new account yesterday during some Betfair downtime and deposited £1k. Despite the fact I withdrew it again later without using it I got two calls today from some Betdaq bods asking if I wanted an introductory offer of 2% commission. Of course I do! So although the liquidity doesn't compare I'll still be having a sniff around the old Purple Place away from the blog on some other markets I like to play. Got me wondering anyway. They're obvioulsy monitoring new accounts over at Betdaq so if you fancy reducing your commission to 2% you know what to do. ;-)

Anyway, today's cricket action returned to Old Trafford which, of course, meant rain. Lots of it. But luckily not quite enough to wash out yet another Lancashire match. Though it did try it's best.

Middlesex won the toss and decided to bat and there was a massive plunge on their price. (3.2ish i think to 2.6 once the televised toss had been. Amazing that it was as high as 2.76 after the real toss but before it had been shown on tv!) They got off to a cracking start with 11 off the first over but the run rate slowly dried up and there was some good trading to be had. Towards the end of their innings I simply didn't think they had enough and was looking to make a sizeable back of Lancashire. But Middlesex accelerated very nicely and despite the runs starting to flow freely the Lancashire price was refusing to move much and I ended up leaving it. Had gone from wanting to back Lancashire to considering laying them in the space of 5 overs or so.

The rain arrived properly in the break between innings and did its best to stay. I'd more or less levelled off my green at £100 each side and was just hoping there would be a result. In the meantime I watched England teach Greece what this football game is all about!!

The rain finally relented and Messrs Duckworth and Lewis decided Lancashire needed 97 from 12 overs to win. Should have really been a walk in the park with 10 wickets in hand but Lancashire decided to commit cricket suicide and somehow managed to lose all 10 wickets for 84!

Still the markets were pretty inefficient and I just messed around in blocks of £100 making around £20 a time by asking for silly value and getting filled. Though I did manage to fuck up twice in ridiculous circumstances. Recently the
trading software I use has been down so I've been using Bet Angel instead. (I'll do a review of this once I used more of the features) I switched back to BetTrader Pro tonight as it's up and running again on a new dedicated server. But after a few beers watching England I'd forgotten the two apps have their back and lay sides the opposite way round and immediatley managed to lay Lancashire at 1.7x instead of backing them and had to bail. And then, just to show it was no accident, I did it again, this time on Middlesex!! Mug!! Must concentrate more. :-)

Anyway, luckily I was just playing with my profit so each mistake wasn't too costly and with the market yo-yoing all over the place it was possible to get that green back with some interest. Happy with the result in the end but have no doubt that those a little braver than me coined it in with the very large swings the market was seeing.

Popular links: Betfair trading software .....Bookmaker Free Bets.....Bet365

1 comment:

The Betfair Trader said...

cheers fuzz. I've been meaning to sit through the tutorials on it but have to get some speakers first that work first!