Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Impressive NZ beat Pakistan

Daily result: £213.86

I guess at the start of the game I'd have settled for £200+ profit on today's ICC Champions Trophy match between New Zealand and Sri Lanka. But as I was in the position to be £215 green either side at the innings break the final profit was a little disappointing. Still, all helps with the wedding funds and a green is always better than a red!

Got to say I've been impressed with New Zealand so far in the tournament. They might not have all the big names other teams have but they are a team. By that I mean they play as a team, and work hard for each other. Sure they rely on certain players to fill roles but there just seems to be a healthy team spirit. And it's causing them to achieve results that are raising at least a few eyebrows.


The Black Caps batted first and got off to a poorish start but a great 4th innings partnership set it up nicely for an end of innings slog with wickets in hand which saw 99 smashed off the last 10 overs for an above par 274 from their 50 overs.

At the change of innings New Zealand were 1.55. I thought the price about fair, fancied them to win and left my book £415 NZ and (109) Pakistan. Figured a quick wicket would send the NZ price south quickly. And decided to bail at around 1.7 for equal green if Pakistan got off to a flyer.

Unfortunately Pakistan did get off to a good start so I levelled out for around £140 green either way. Shame as a wicket came two overs later but I wasn't to know and wanted to protect at least a 3-figure green. Then it became a case of just waiting until I thought one team was getting ahead. Had several false starts on NZ, where I backed them, and then as the Pakistan score increased - even though the run rate was rising fast - I had to lay them, thus reducing my green. Was killing me to do it as I still fancied NZ but wasn't willing to risk losing all my green. Basically just mistimed the trades and had to get out at a stoploss point each time rather than having the balls to see it out. Still, when Pakistan went into the 1.7x range for a while I was pleased I had!

Anyway, the wickets gradually fell, the rate continued to rise and I finally got it right on my New Zealand plunge managing to pick up a decent, if a little disappointing, profit.

Popular links: Betfair trading software .....Bet Angel.....Learn to trade

No comments: