Monday, November 06, 2006

Upcoming trading events

Nothing to really trade today. Didn't fancy the Pool World Championship and haven't traded the racing for a long time. So as I'm snowed under with work at the moment it gave me a chance to catch up on keeping the tax man happy.

In fact events to trade that I'm interested in are pretty thin on the ground again at the moment. The finale of the WTA season, the WTA Tour Championship, starts tomorrow on
Eurosport. A round robin format I'll no doubt have look at it though coverage from Madrid doesn't start until late afternoon (UK time) each day.

Next week sees the equivalent ATP event from Shanghai.
Sky Sports is covering the event with matches starting around 7-8am each day. (Not quite sure why that Sky page says 11am but it's often wrong.)

Cricket wise obviously the Ashes start on November 23 with the first test match from Brisbane. Looking forward to it immensely though with the matches shown live throughout the night here I'm not sure how much time I'll spend trading the tests at least. Got to get my beauty sleep at some point!

Which means when it comes to cricket trading I might well concentrate on some other events. A one day series kicks off an Indian tour of South Africa at Johannesburg on November 19th. Not checked out if I can get that one on tv yet. On the same day the first test between Pakistan and the West Indies also starts. That's available on ARY (channel 792 on Sky) though I may wait to see what liquidity is like before signing up.

Anyway, it all means my trading focus will be pretty much on tennis for the next couple of weeks. Should be fun, and with the late afternoon start times this week, it means I'm hoping to be able to catch up with some work.

Popular links: Betfair trading software .....Bet Angel.....Learn to trade

No comments: