Sunday, December 03, 2006

South Africans crush Indians

Daily Result: £55.03

Bit of a bloodbath really the last ODI between South Africa and India. A nine wicket humiliation that saw the South Africans cruise past the Indian total of 200 - their highest score of the series - with more than 18 overs to spare. And in doing so posted a 4-0 series score to complete a whitewash and once again prove the Indians have serious problems away from the sub continent.

Apart from a few over spell at the start of the Indian innings the South Africans were never above their match start price of low 1.4x. Which meant that at the stakes I bet at I was never likely to make more than £200 on the match anyway. Unfortunately as the Indians got off to a flyer (4 off the first over, 10 of two, 14 off 3) I laid the Saffers thinking that at last the Indians might post a decent total.

But two wickets in two balls sent the South African price plummeting and it never recovered as the Indians lost more wickets and ticked the scoreboard over at a pace a snail would have fancied itself against. So with the South African price more or less bottomed out for a long time I was left waiting the start of their innings to see if it was just poor Indian batting display or a tough pitch to bat on.

Once the South Africans got going it was clear there was nothing wrong with the wicket, I sorted out my position and then just kept an eye on the game till the end as the Saffers raced to 201/1. Not a big win for me but I guess over the course of a month I'd be more than happy to average £50 a day. Certainly helps keep the old wedding funds ticking over anyway.

Had another look at some NFL in the evening picked up a couple of pound again. I know I used to watch a lot of NFL but while I'm still getting used to how the market behaves in a game I'm just playing for very small stakes. Seems to be going ok though and I'm hoping in the future it will help to fill some of trading gaps in the year.

Popular links: Betfair trading software .....Bet Angel..... Free software trial

No comments: