Saturday, January 27, 2007

India v West Indies 3rd ODI

Daily Result: £104.73

Quite an interesting game really which again had some serious volatility in the second innings before the Windies this time managed to make the run chase. Though not before a few early hiccups that reduced the amount I'd eventually win on the game.

India got off to an absolute flyer with Uthappa smashing 70 off just 41 balls and setting up a total innings score which looked like it could be around the 350 mark. With good knocks from Tendulkar and Dravid the price ended up sub 1.2 from a 1.7ish starting point before the ball softened and the Indians showed they'd been watching some England "how to collapse" DVDs and promptly lost their last 7 wickets for 36 runs!

At the change of innings I stronly fancied the Windies and my position reflected it. But with Gayle again going early (1st ball this time - and I was on the phone) I decided to level my position a little more until I could concentrate fully. And from there I basically just watched parts of the game, getting involved for short periods throughout. Shame to see Samuels miss his century by just 2 but good to see Lara back in the side with his knock of 83. Didn't bother watching the end. Saw a few wickets fell when the match was all but done and dusted but the profit was safe by then and will help boost the low monthly profit and wedding funds.

Elsewhere I've also been involved in the 3rd test between South Africa and Pakistan. Could kick myself really. After banging on about laying the draw in test matches a few days ago I didn't. Simply because it looked liked the Saffers were resting strike bowlers and I wasn't going to be around for the early pitch reports and the start of the match. Of course, when I looked in later in the day it had been another wicket fest and looks set to again finish in the afternoon session of Day 3 tomorrow. Having watched some coverage since the wicket looks an absolute shocker. Dry at the ends. Green on a length at one end. Not the best test pitch I've seen!

Anyway, I played around a little on Day 1 and got a tiny green any result. Had a fair lump on the Saffers late today as they reached around 25/0 in their second innings chase of 161. Which promptly led to them losing 2 wickets. So now I'm in a smallish all red position if I level out but will leave it till tomorrow. In the meantime I'll probably take a look in at tonight's Australia v New Zealand ODI if I don't drink too much before hand!

Right, that's it for now. Dinner and drinks time. But I have been looking into the test match draw stats and will post up something about it on Sunday or Monday.

Popular links: Betfair trading software .....Bet Angel..... Free software trial

No comments: