Sunday, February 11, 2007

Friday / Saturday catch up

Result since last update: £24.05

Firstly apologies for not updating the blog for a couple of days but I've had some issues with starting new posts. Turns out I'm just a bit of a luddite when it comes computers and there was a simple fix. Guess I'll know for next time. Anyway, it's a bit of a shame as there was quite a bit to write about but as it's a little out of date now I'll just stick to a basic round up and do a proper entry for today's (Sunday's trading efforts) later.

So the £25 loss came from trading on Friday and Saturday. Made around £118 on the Friday doing England's victory of Australia in the CB Series ODI and the abandoned ODI between South Africa and Pakistan. Gave the money back on Saturday doing the dire Six Nations match between Scotland and Wales - more of which later.

First up though England and Australia. Another England win! Fantastic stuff from the boys though really Australia had us over a barrel twice and let us off on both occasions. Once when they were 170-1, before they lost their remaining 9 wickets for 82 runs, and once when old Glenn Mcgrath dropped a simple catch from Bell. A catch would have left England on 33/4 chasing 253. That said England again showed the fighting spirit that has been lacking for most the tour and Collingwood capped the match with some superb fielding and his second consecutive ODI century. And to think there were those questioning his place in the team just 3 matches ago! Picked up around £60 on the game. I only started towards the end of the first innings and towards the end of the match the markets were very volatile (as you'd expect considering England won with 3 balls to spare!) so I ended up more or less levelling out green, taking some insurance on the tie and just enjoying the end of the match without getting further involved. Must have been some big winners and losers towards the end but it wasn't for me. Boring and safe but I'll settle for my small profit.

My bad luck at having a 3-figure green wiped out because of the rain in Thursday's India v Sri Lanka ODI was equalled out very quickly when rain led to the abandonment of the ODI between South Africa and Pakistan on Friday. Had a bit of a mare on the match and was a small 3 figure red both results. Fortunately rain meant the match was abandoned with no result possible. Which this time wiped out my losses instead of my wins! And as a bonus I picked up £70 or so in the completed match market. Now that's what I call a lucky escape!


No such escape on Saturday though where I got caught with my hand in the cookie jar when I thought Wales had scored a try and lumped on accordingly. They hadn't. And to compound the hole I was in, although the Welsh proved spirited in defence, they were equally crap offensively in what was turned out to be a dire match to watch from what I saw of it. My own fault really. I used to trade the rugby a lot and have a set approach to it. Knowing I couldn't do the whole match though I tried to make a quick profit when I thought the try went in. It hadn't and that was more or less that. Dropped around £140. Definitely a lesson in there somewhere!

Popular links: Betfair trading software .....Bet Angel..... Free software trial

No comments: