Tuesday, March 20, 2007

New Zealand cruise past Kenya

Daily Result: £29.98

Lost the money on the Kenya v New Zealand match today though it can hardly be said that I traded it. I simply laid New Zealand at the start hoping for early wickets. There was one and I hung on for another which didn't come and I eventually got out for a few ticks loss. Rather than lump on New Zealand and leave a liability that would have needed watching for the next 8 hours for the sake of £30 I just left it and got on with other stuff.

The shame was Kenya dropped so many catches, including one very early on, that this match could have been so much more competitive. As it was New Zealand posted 331, their highest ever World Cup score, and eventually, after rain delays, won by 148 runs.

It's a bit slack I know but the original lay was always going to be a first 10 over gamble really today and I had no intention of sitting through the whole match. Always expected New Zealand to win. Just thought they might drift a little more with wickets. Unfortunately dropped catches don't win matches and the Kenyans had obviously been eating well buttered sandwiches. :-(

Will probably have a look in on the Bagladhesh v Sri Lanka game tomorrow. The outright Sri Lanka price isn't as short as those in today's games were but I may finally take the plunge into a subsidiary market rather than the outright.

No comments: