Sunday, September 09, 2007

Back Again

Well I'm no Marshall Mathers so there's no need to guess - I am back again :-)

Landed in the UK last night after a fantastic 3 weeks in Sri Lanka. My second trip to the country and, impossible as it seemed, even more enjoyable than the first. It's a truly remarkable country and we had a fantastic honeymoon there. Ignored the package deals and just travelled the island ourselves, taking in some sites inbetween lots of chilling. Needed a bloody good rest and got one! Left my mobile in the UK, let my business run itself and just relaxed. Now I'm back I feel refreshed. Batteries charged and looking forward to getting back into the swing of things.

We left the day after the wedding. I know everyone's wedding day is special but WOW. That was something. Biggest high of my life. And, believe me, that makes it a big buzz ;-) . As well as all the emotion it was fantastic to be surrounded by so many friends and family having a good time. Was nice to take a quiet moment to myself during the day and reflect on it all - the blog, the trading and how it was all paid for. Biggest party I've ever thrown and Emma and I had the most amazing of days. Very special. All the preparation, planning and hard work was worth it. Quite simply the best day of my life. Just can't wait now to see the pics and the video from the Big Brother type booth we had for guests now we're back. :-)

Spent some time thinking about the blog while away and took the opportunity to catch up on some reading. Will obvioulsy be changing the focus of the blog away from the wedding soon and am also planning to include a lot more discussion on trading topics going forward as well as the usual daily updates. Figure that will make it more interesting and might get some decent discussion going.

I've said it in a comment elsewhere but I'd like to thank everyone again for all the emails and kind comments that were left while we were away. There's a lot of emails to get through but I'll try and answer them all over the next couple of days.

Anyway, I have a roast dinner to go and eat. (I kid you not I've been dreaming about roast potatoes) so I'll leave it at that for now. Obviously didn't trade today's Pro40 match, rugby or tennis what with settling back in and catching up with everything. Might do tomorrow's Pro40 but my main short term focus is naturally going to be the Twenty20 World Cup. More about my trading intentions going forward tomorrow though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back on-line, good to hear it all went well, hope your Mrs. continues to tolerate your habit, I'm getting it in the neck from mine, mind you 35 large is a fair few prezzies, I guess.

Prekladatel.

The Betfair Trader said...

Hi Prekladatel. Shoes and handbags mate! With the odd shiny thing. Works a treat. :-)

No, seriously I'm lucky that Em enjoys cricket too. Does help to though to let her know in advance which events I'm trading and which ones I'm going to leave alone so we can do stuff together. Luckily all this T20 stuff over the next few weeks will be while she's at work.