Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A winning start

Yesterday's Result: £54.58

Great to get off to a winning start again on the trading front. Would have taken a loss but always nice to start a new month off with a win. A green's a green and it all adds up. :-)

Made the money on the Pro40 game between Middlesex and Derbyshire. As discussed yesterday I didn't really get too involved in it too heavily. Just dipped my toes in to get used to the trading software again and get my mind back in trading mode. Didn't catch the whole match but had a look in a few times. Was just trying to get back in the habit of predicting the market movements and evaluating the odds as they stood. Got some calls wrong and some right. But it was a useful reintroduction and I plan to carry on a similar vein for a while, starting with today's Twenty20 World Cup opener between hosts South Africa and the West Indies.

Realised yesterday that in the hectic lead up to the wedding I forgot to book my Betfair Points holidays for while I was away. So dumb. Especially as I kept reminding myself I had to do it. Just had so many other things to do I forgot to actually log in and do it. A costly mistake. In the space of a month I've lost nearly 50% of my Betfair points - even taking into account some new points from Big Brother markets that were settled while I was on honeymoon. Not much I can do about it except learn the lesson.

Anyway, this Twenty20 starts shortly. Might not be for the purists but bloody good fun all the same. Just hope I can avoid getting my fingers burned while I'm getting up and running again. Caution is the watchword for now. And I suspect there will be some pretty one sided games early doors anyway. But no doubt an upset or two too. Best of luck if you have dabble anyway.

3 comments:

Rob said...

Welcome back - just an idea, why not ask Betfair if they'll adjust your points total back to what it was before the wedding? After all, they were linking to your blog as a promotional feature on their homepage, so they know you were away for a good reason! As a gesture of goodwill you'd hope they'd consider it...

dip said...

Huge cheers on your return.I know you must be wondering where is your biggest fan?
If you visit my blog http://findfreelay.blogspot.com
you can see that i mention your comeback on same day after seeing your post.
Anyway nice to see you back.Last month was very good for cricket trading for me (fingers crossed).And as always i give main credit to you.Thank you very much.
Dip K

Anonymous said...

I know you've probably been asked this before but i'm a new reader to your blog. Do you use a trading software or just use the mainsite?