Monday, October 15, 2007

NFL trading loss

Yesterday's Result: £257.38

So after celebrating England’s rugby win over France into the early hours of Sunday morning I decided to give the 6th ODI between India and Australia a miss. No way I was waking up before dawn for the start of it and when I did eventually get up I decided to give the rest of the game a miss and go and spend some of the recent winnings with Emma. :-)

Should have really left it at that as when I did finally get down to some trading – looking in on parts of a couple of NFL games – I lost. Not much to say about it really. Can’t win them all. Losses are always just round the corner and I guess I was due one. I suppose on the plus side it’s always satisfying when a loss does arrive for it to be smaller than the wins it sits between. In the end the red was actually made up of a moderate loss on one match and a smallish win on the other.


Of course, it’s never great to take a loss but I’m realistic enough to realise they’ll happen and am not too displeased with my actions that led to it. I’ve been discussing with other punters recently the pros and cons of trading as I do verses simply backing value propositions in running and leaving them. On this occasion the loss was partly attributable to following the second strategy as I thought the match circumstances provided a good opportunity to do so. Despite the loss it’s an area I'm interested in exploring further as I can see the latter, although requiring a larger bankroll, could be a more profitable, if less consistent approach. I guess it’s a big subject to look into – but one that should at least be interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having seen alll those big green figures BFT, I was expecting a little red one. As it was only a little red one, I would count it as a result. Get the show back on the road, and no more sunday afternoon drinking. :-).

The Gambler.