Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Netting a tennis profit

Daily Result: £194.84

Decided to try and put aside some proper time to this today but still didn't really get round to it.

Happy with the days profit though especially as I had a bit of a mare from the start in the Henman game. Luckily I'd decided to only trade with £250 again as per yesterday. And lucky it was too as got on the wrong side of a 1st game break and then ended up laying Henman twice at near his high point. OK, I admit I meant to do it once (!) but the second was an accidental click on the one click software I use immediately after the first. Not done that for a while and felt a right muppet. More importantly, after a Henman resurgence it left me looking at an equal red of around £340 if I levelled it.

Still, it was pretty early in the match. Always best to stay calm in these circumstances and stick to the basics. And by the time they were 4-4 in the second I was showing a small green on both - and a much larger smile! Decided to leave and get involved again if it went to a 3rd but Henman wrapped it up in the tiebreak.

Moved onto the Nalbandian Vincente game. Got some green pretty quick but liquidity wasn't great and obviously the prices on Nalbandian were short so I levelled up and left it. Shame really as Vincente took the second and it became very tradeable.

Best result of the day was following Roddick against Hanescu from the off. Hanescu just didn't turn up. Shocking display. Think he took a game as Roddick destroyed him in well under an hour.

After a shopping trip and hospital visit I dipped into the Murray game. Can't understand why he thinks clay is his best surface. Volandri's serve is a shocker and he appears to only approach the net to shake hands at the end but he comfortably outplayed Murray in the rallies. Thought 6-4 6-4 did Murray a favour to be honest. Clocked just over £50 on the game.

No comments: