Monday, May 08, 2006

The first win

Daily Result: £18.10

So I finally got round to a little trading after a week or so and made the princely sum of £18.10! Still, looking on the bright side a profit is a profit. And I just paid for nearly a whole bottle of wine at the wedding!

Truth is I hardly traded. Was pretty busy until mid afternoon but had the Hrbaty v Ljubicic match on in the background. Got involved at the start of the second set. But as I'd not traded for a while, and actually felt a little nervous (guess I wanted a winning start?!!) I decided to play with only £250 just to ease myself back in.

First trade matched. Within 5 seconds the phone was going. After an expensive lesson in the past I usually ignore the phone completely when trading but given the situation with my mum (who looks like she'll be suffering hospital food for at least another two weeks) I thought I should answer as they have my number to call now in case of emergencies.

So I closed the trade out immediatley for a meagre 1 tick profit and that was it till near the end of the set. Got in and out quickly again but caught on the phone again for before the tiebreak so just greened out and left it. For anyone watching the match I think Hrbaty deserved the win in the end.

Federer was up next and something like 1.06 at the off. Always tempted to lay him looking to trade out for a profit later but decided not to get involved at the price with this 1st round opponent.

Hardly an inspiring start then but green is always better than red and we're just at the start of a very busy 8 weeks in the tennis calendar.

No comments: