Monday, May 08, 2006

Give the man a hand!

Bit of a Betfair joke this one but worth sharing all the same - it made me smile anyway :-)

Recently the cricket forum over at Betfair has been the favoured posting ground of the nothing if not enthusiastic Big Joe. And a most suitable spot it is as Big Joe likes his cricket. In fact, I dare say he loves it, which has lead to this sticky state of affairs.

Big Joe supports India. OK then, he worships India. To the point where objective betting analysis is replaced by unswerving belief that India will pull off a win in even the most hopeless of situations.

So cue some wag submitting a fake book review at Amazon about Sachin Tendulkar in Big Joe's name a couple of weeks back. Unfortunately the jobsworths at Amazon spotted the wind up and declined the review.

But it seems perserverance pays off as
this review of Sachin, The World's Greatest Batsman by Gulu Ezekiel appeared today. Enjoy :-)


-----------------------------------

As some killjoy will no doubt have the review pulled soon here's what it says for posterity:

"For me, the title says it all. Sachin is simply the world's greatest batsman, and a personal hero for me and many hundreds of millions of fellow Indian cricket fans. As a cricketer he has no equal, but just as attractive for me is the shy demeanour, boyish smile, and small but perfectly formed athletes body. I would gladly sacrifice all of my wordly possessions for a chance to meet him in the flesh, but until then I will just have to make do with this wonderful book and its full colour photos. Luckily for me it isn't too heavy to hold with just one hand. "

No comments: