Saturday, June 24, 2006

Cricket, Ascot, beers and football

Daily Result: £154.28

Bit of a lazy day today really. Skipped the tennis like I mentioned I probably would and had a dip into the 3rd ODI between England and Sri Lanka instead.

Given their once again generous odds I was hoping Sri Lanka would bat first for some quick market movement but England won the toss and padded up. Which meant although there was some money to be made I guessing most people were really just waiting for the Lankans to have a knock in the hope their price would start to collapse.

Made some ok green in the England innings into between catching some rays in the garden and updating my betting spreadsheets but given the way today's match was playing out the real action was always going to be at the start of the Lankan innings.

And indeed it was. In less than 15 overs they were 1.1x, I'd traded out for a nice profit and was heading out for some beers and to watch the football at a mates. You've got to give credit to the Sri Lankan batting making the England total look very pedestrian at that point but the England bowling was also woeful from the 15 overs or so I saw. In fact, abject wouldn't be an exaggeration.

Anyway, Emma (my fiancee) was off at Ascot on yet another work freebie. I got some tips from John's blog and got a very excited phone call when she landed the winner of the first to give her free bets for the afternoon. So nice one to whoever it was on Betfair who supplied the tips!

Anyway, the sun is still out, the beers are chilled and I guess it would be rude not to sink a few in the garden before watching this Argentina match with a mate and heading out for a curry when Emma gets back. See you again tomorrow.

Popular links: Betfair trading software .....Smiling Assassin .....£25 free bet

1 comment:

The Gambler. said...

Nice one. Johnn supplied the Ascot preview. He use the ABC threads in the horse racing forum. Drop in sometime and say hello.