Friday, June 16, 2006

A dip in results

Daily Result: £12.23

Well I said the Henman v Tursunov game would be interesting and it was - but not in the way I thought. If I'd had to bet on it outright I'd have taken Tursunov at odds against at the start. 3-0 up in head to heads, I'd seen him destroy Henman at the French with an awesome power hitting display, he's in the top 10 ace servers on the ATP tour and his first serve % is only just lower than Henman's.

That said though when you back Tursunov you always wonder what Tursunov will turn up on the day. And today if was the "Well I'm here but I couldn't really give a fuck" Tursunov. Some awesome winners yes. But some utter crap too. Missed smashes at break point etc - and the utterly bizarre decision to not even bother finishing a point to save set point. Just walked off the court mid rally much to everyone's amazement.

Anyway, I dropped just under £160 on the match. Just a strange game really. 12 breaks of serve in the first 18 games!! On grass. With Tursunov's serve. Looking back through my trades I actually opened 7 positions in a row that I had to close out for a loss. That's virtually unheard of! And accounts for the red. :-(

Moved onto the other two televised quarters after and made most the money back from the Henman game. Just over £65 on the Nadal v Hewitt game and just over £80 on the Gonzalez Roddick match. (At last I won on a Roddick game! Though that is now 3 losses on the trot with Henman)

Going through a bad patch at the moment. Certainly the worst since I started the blog, but also the worst in terms of % win to turnover since a spell in August last year. Pleased to have reduced today's loss but I'm being too inconsistent at the moment. I've had some poor luck but have also made some poor trading decisions too and combined it now means I'm between £15 and £20 up for the entire Stella Artois to date!! Not the kind of return I'd been hoping for! On the plus side though I'm still well over £500 up on the month and have kept control over the recent spate of losses and for that I'm pleased.

Think I'll take a break from the tennis tomorrow for the 1st ODI between England and Sri Lanka. Probably going to miss the start which will be a lost opportunity but should be plenty of time to settle into it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As all true professionals say time after time. 1) Black, is better than Red. 2) Be patient, wait for the "Good Run", don't try and force it. Be lucky, Sad Act.

The Betfair Trader said...

Cheers Sad Act. You are, of course, right.(btw, that from Kevin and Perry Go Large?!!)

Anonymous said...

hi - i really like this thread and wish you well for your wedding -the psychology of losing is very difficult. it would be more interesting if you gave us some of your trades- not for me to use but purelt to see your style - we are all different and personally i never use anyone elses tips but am more fascinated by how people trade. thanks good luck
mick wrende

Anonymous said...

No, for many months I was a little shy to post in the Betfair Forums. Therefore I had no need to think of a name. However, the day came when I wanted to make a point, and when I was asked to type in a Forum name. I remember what the wife said to me one particular day. "You spend so much time watching sport and logged on to Betfair. You are one SAD ACT. Hence the name.

The Betfair Trader said...

I see Sad Act! Thankfully Emma, my fiancee, likes cricket as much as I do and is quite laid back about Betfair. Though that may be because I think she's increasing her wedding shoe budget each time I bank some green!