Friday, June 30, 2006

Fat fingered trading

Daily Result: £67.5

Bit of a lucky escape in the tennis today and made the princely sum of 90 pence on the Mirnyi v Blake game. Would have been a little more but for the second time in the day I got all fat fingered and accidentally submitted two bets near the end. Still, given the mess that the first time I'd done it left me in I was pretty pleased to get out with any green at all. Was all looking rather nasty at one point. This one click trading software I use through the Betfair API might be a godsend enabling me to snap up prices. Pays for itself in that so often you see money arrive at a price after you've just taken it. But the flip side is if you make a click by mistake in running you're left waiting for those 5 dreaded seconds knowing you're going to get a crap price and there's nothing you can do about it except sit and pray! Must be more carefull next time I crank it up for a spot of trading!! :-)

Had a quick dip into the 20/20 in the evening but the liquidity wasn't great (Can't think why. What with it being a sunny Friday evening and the World Cup on!!) so I didn't bother finishing the game but made a quick £67.50. Keeps the old wedding funds ticking over anyway and brings another successful month to an end.

No comments: