Friday, June 30, 2006

Guilty as charged!

I've been rumbled!! Pilfering the crack cocaine phrase about 20/20 below from the Betfair forums for my own unseemly gain. I don't know, if you can't trust a filthy trader who used to be a tabloid hack who can you trust these days?!

Anyway, the point is I borrowed the phrase from the esteemed Betfair forumite Innocent Bystander. Which got me thinking. Lots of people email me asking me for betting advice but I'm always stumped as to what to say as I'm not really the right person to ask. Innocent Bystander has been a regular on the Betfair cricket forum for a fair few years though and I suspect he does rather well for himself out of it. Which reminded me of this article where IB and some other Betfair regulars discuss their thoughts and strategies on cricket betting. Thought some of you may find it useful so enjoy!

And while we're on the subject of Betfair forumites something very strange is happening! Regular readers may remember I've mentioned Big Joe before who is, shall we say, enthusisatic in his support for Asian cricket. So much so that this spoof book review made it onto Amazon - and I believe he's the only Betfair forumite to have his own entry in the Urban Dictionary.

Anyway, hold the front page shocker! Despite being thrashed 4-0 to date by Sri Lanka Big Joe is tipping England to beat them in the last ODI at Headingley tomorrow!! The Famous Grouse quaffing welching turban eater (it's a long story) admits it's only the third time he's backed England in years. You can read about the how, why's and wtf's on the Betfair cricket forum.

Popular links: Betfair trading software ....Bet £10 for a £25 free bet. Today only

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alright mate, you can use my Crack Cocaine - keep up the good work

btw - I apologise for the photo on the IE article in advance, it makes me look like Graham Kelly, ex-FA secretary

IB - http://www.championshipmanager.co.uk/images/img_50.jpg

Graham Kelly - http://www.pokerplayermagazine.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_1/total_gambler_831_10.jpg

Please dont get us mixed up :)

Rob said...

Hi, Looks like you've had a good few days! Thanks for the link to my blog - hope my balance will be a bit closer to yours before long!

Interested to hear you used to be a tabloid hack - I'm a journalist myself 4 days a week...

Cheers and good luck!

Rob aka Steve Punt
Better Than Barclays

The Betfair Trader said...

IB> That resemblance is a little uncanny!

Rob> Will follow your blog with interest. Best of luck with it. Think the fear of such a short priced loseer would lead to too many brown trouser moments for me to do that! What kind of journalist are you?

Shaun> Sure, no worries. I'll add the link shortly. Good luck with your betting and the blog.