Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Hard work today

Daily Result: £62.66

Skipped the Nadal match but was raring to go for the Benneteau v Ljubicic game. Mentioned before I usually enjoy trading Ljubicic so was a bit surprised today. Not the usual type of game you expect the Croatian to be involved in. Not sure how anyone else got on but I found it tough going.

Guess there were just too many breaks of serve. First four games were all breaks. In fact Benneteau didn't hold a game until his second service game in the second set! Was kind of hoping he could pick himself up and take the second set to prolong the game and enable me to make a little more. But I'm not convinced he was totally fit and I think the occasion just got to him. Had a bit of a mare really.

Though fair play to him getting that far. Suspect even he would have questioned your sanity if you'd told him at the start of the tournament he'd be the last French player, man or women, left in the singles.

No comments: