Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Smashed by Roddick (again!!)

Daily Result: £210.07

First losing day for a while. And got to go out for the rest of the day too so no chance to reduce the loss. Shame as Henman is up next at Queen's.

Bit annoyed with today really. Assumed the Murray game would resume early but when I checked the tv schedules there was nothing there until 12.30. It started at 11.30 and was televised so missed a great opportunity to add some green there. Loving Murray games at the moment. Great for trading. He's like a spoilt teenager (Kevin from Harry Enfield!) and seems more interested in trying to look sulky and cool on court rather than actually playing the tennis he has the potential to. Due to the tv confusion only ended up making just over £30 on it.

Then disaster on the Roddick game. Been going so well recently and because he was short odds I decided to trade in £1k blocks for the first time since I started the blog. Of course, that meant I quickly found myself in a hole! Quite amusing really - the first time I moved up from £250 to £500 I lost too. (And that was a Roddick game too!)The end result was my biggest loss of the month with £242.19 passed on to a fellow Betfarian. Enjoy!

Anyway, got on the wrong side of two earlyish breaks of serve. And although I never really doubted Roddick would win (just a little at one point!) I wasn't willing to risk running a 1k red against Dancevic when he was winning so levelled out red and started reducing it as usual. Despite the fact it cost me money I'm pleased I had the control to accept the loss rather than let it run and potentially get very ugly.

Not had a good run on Roddick recently. My biggest loss to date was also on a match involving him, and he was also involved in a retirement that cost me money. Bit annoying as he's been one of the more profitable players for me in the past.

Anyway, the irony is after bleating on about how grass is my favourite surface for trading I've had a bit of a mare in the last few days and have so far won the princely sum of £29.72 on the Stella Artois to date!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Looks like I'm not the only one losing money. But at least you lost it trading. On Monday I lost 60% of my bank because I made a back bet on the wrong selection. I'm so mad at myself. And now I'm trying to find courage to trade again. Today I restarted and lost money on horses, tennis (Rafa game) and soccer. Nevertheless, on the last soccer game of the day I made suficient money to end the day up, but just a couple of cents.

I hope better days are in stored for me.

Cheers!

The Betfair Trader said...

Hi Andre,

Unlucky with the loss. I've made a few wrong selection bets myself though I can't say they've cost me anywhere near 60% of my challenge bank.

Good to see you made a bit back today. And while it may not be good to bet or trade while angry / upset / likely to make bad chasing decisions it's good to learn from the mistake that made you made.

Strange as it may sound a loss every now and then can be useful. Doesn't mean I enjoy them (!) but I know I can't win every event I trade on. A loss just reminds me of that and helps me keep my focus next time I get invloved in a market. Today's loss was bad and made worse by the fact that I'd stepped up in stakes so was double what it would normally have been. But I'm actually quite pleased that I managed to reduce the red, keep control and limit my losses. It could have been so much worse if I hadn't stuck to the basics once the market had gone against me.

I won't actually be able to trade tomorrow but at least when I get back to it on Friday I know I'm still nicely up on the month, can accept the loss for what it is and just concentrate on getting the basics right again in the knowledge I didn't lose control.