Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Back to winning ways

Daily Result: £142.47

Well, Kent tried their best again to make me return a red but this time managed to avoid a loss! Their Pro 40 game with Somerset was quite eventful really.

At the start Kent were a very tempting 2.3. Certainly an interesting price but given their recent atrocious form it would have been a fairly brave punt. I took some on the toss news but laid back as low as 2.12 before a ball had been bowled.

Anyway, it looked a great batting track and the temptation was to trade them on the expectation of a competitive 260/270+. Sure enough they started well but then fell into Kent mode with quick wickets. The innings turned a little farcical after that with comedy run outs and I decided to give up hope on Kent and play as if it was going to be a Somerset win.

So Somerset needed 214 from 40 at 5.35 on what is regarded as the best batting track in the country. What could possibly go wrong? Well, shot selection!! Somerset were skittled for 104. Unbelievable.

Luckily I was taking a very cautious approach to the game and was perfectly happy with the profit. But it's got to be said this was really a great trading game and a bit of missed opportunity to further boost this month's profit. I'm sure there were a fair few on Betfair that had rather good results on this match!

Popular links: Betfair trading software .....Bookmaker Free Bets.....Bet365

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable mate
Like you I'd been bummed by Kent on both Sunday and Monday. Never really wanted to be anywhere other than keeping most of my green in Soms. Until Cameron White was out that is and I was quick enough to get a massive lasy in at 1.18. Just sat and laughed after that. Produced my first ever 4 figure trading win !!

The Betfair Trader said...

Well done MWAP. Nice one. The match was set up perfectly for some big wins. (And, I suspect, losses!) Was happy with what I made but could have been so much more. Sounds like you caught the wave perfectly there. Congrats! Must have more than made up for your recent Kent losses.

Anonymous said...

nThe kent loss on the Sunday was absolute peanuts but the 3 figures i lost on their 20/20 was easily my biggest trading losss in my short - 5 week - career.
Still a team to be very wary of IMHO