Monday, July 24, 2006

Twenty20 cricket loss

Daily Result: £155.26

Well tomorrow was another day. But unfortunately Kent were playing again. And again they had a bit of a mare. And again so did I! In fact I'm fearing Kent are turning into the Bjorkman's of the cricket world for me!

So where to start? Well, backing Kent who were batting first of course! Even after yesterday's disaster. I figured I've seen Kent and they usually have a pretty good Twenty20 strategy (something that was obviously missing from their Pro40 match) so I backed them to post a good total.

And while I'm sure Kent did have a strategy unfortunately so did Leicestershire. And it was Leicestershire's that won through with another excellent bowling spell from Broad. He dismissed Key in the first over and by the time Kent lost their third wicket shortly later - to a run out with the batsmen dawdling up the wicket believing there was no danger - I was nicely all red again. And cursing Kent again!

Anyway, Kent staged a mini recovery but were always short of runsas Leicestershire started their innings. I was back to green on Leicestershire but with a moderate red kent when the chasse started slowing. I looked for a quick trade backing Kent at 4.3 just in time for a big Leicestershire over and had to take another loss.

So, that's two pretty bad losing days in a row. For I think the second time this month. Not good. I've never had 3 losing days on the trot since starting the blog so am hoping not to break that particular record.


Anyway, I can't trade tomorrow but should be able to for the Pro40 game on Wednesday. Which, you've guessed it, involves Kent!! I'm sure Somerset will start favourites for that one and fingers crossed I'll turn a profit. Figure Kent owe me that much at least!!

Popular links: Betfair trading software .....Bookmaker Free Bets.....Bet365

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BT. You were not the only sole to suffer thanks to Kent's sheer incompetance. The run out left me shouting for the man's testicules on a silver platter. By what can only be described as an even worse performance by Somerset on Wed. I actually made some money from a match involving Kent. Well, you live and learn. Be lucky, Sad Act.

The Betfair Trader said...

Think there's been a few people cursing Kent over the last week or two yes. At least I managed to get some of the loss back too. That run out was incredible though. I'm quite a calm bloke but those nearby would have heard more than a few choice expletives from my direction after that bit of play!!