Sunday, July 23, 2006

Large cricket trading loss

Daily Result: £336.05

Pretty disasterous look in to the Surrey v Kent Pro40 match really. Didn't actually do too much wrong but got caught out badly at the start of the Surrey innings after Kent's poor knock. Was already in a bit of a hole by then though...

Kent batted first and started off slowly as the new ball was swinging. Just as they were starting to pick the run rate up as the shine wore off Surrey moaned about the shape of the ball and got another new one. Which led to another 5 overs of poor run rate. By then I'd bailed from my Kent back.

Anyway, kent were 57 from 15 overs. Poor but with a good batting track and small ground you have to believe they will try and pick the rate up. But despite an adequate cameo from Jones, on break from England duty, the whole innings was dire. And I was left thinking perhaps the wicket wasn't as good as everyone thought. Anyway, couple all that with some pretty poor liquidity and at the break I was all red.

At that point I figured it was worth putting a little more red on Surrey to green Kent up and hope there was a slow start to the Surrey innings - or an early wicket or two. Both of which would have enabled me to get out with a small red each way at that stage.

But disaster! First ball was a no ball. With a free hit. Next ball was a no ball with a free hit. So that was 8 of the first ball and the Surrey price was in freefall. 17 came from the first over, Surrey were 1.12 and I was screwed! So much for a tight start from Kent. Has to be said their batting was pretty dire, but the bowling was if anything worse.

Anyway, position was unrecoverable from there unless there was a minor miracle (there wasn't!) or I deposited more money to trade with (Which i don't do). So I ended up taking the hit with my position going from managable and ok to disasterous in less than an over.

Know it's, of course, my fault and I shouldn't blame Kent but it's bloody tempting! Was a pretty inept display all round really. Oh well, to borrow a phrase, tomorrow is another day...

Popular links: Betfair trading software .....Bookmaker Free Bets.....Bet365

No comments: