Sunday, October 22, 2006

Trading tennis and snooker

Daily Result: £28.10

I say trading tennis and snooker but it was more like a quick dip into both. Was out last night for beers and curry and even after a monster lie in was still a bit knackered. Still, once up and fortified with coffee I had a few looks into the Hantuchova v Sharapova final from Zurich. Wasn't really worth the effort. Was trading to small stakes, built a minor green and then gave most of it away trying to nick a few ticks again towards the end of the match. Made a few quid though and headed off into town with Emma to do some window shopping for new furniture.

Spent an hour or so looking at the snooker in the early evening before settling down infront of the fire and tv for a relaxing night. Snooker interests me as a trading opportunity. Similar to darts in its potential though obviously slower. And I like the reduced in running delay too. Makes my trading software even more useful. I've traded snooker in the past but not for a while so was messing around with blocks of just £50. The basic principles of cricket and tennis trading - and I guess most sports to a lesser extent - can be applied to snooker and as I used to enjoy playing I quite enjoy watching it. Need to watch the in running market more but there's plenty of potential to identify situations where there is very limited downside with large potential upside. And aside from the basics of buy low sell high they're the kind of opportunities I'm always on the look out for.

Liquidity wasn't a good as I remembered but I guess the Royal London Watches Grand Prix from Aberdeen isn't the biggest tournament either. Though it is on BBC i, as well as Eurosport. Will probably have another dabble or two at it over the next few days. Will stick to very small stakes. Just want to keep my eye in on the sport even if the next big event, barring Sky's Premier League Snooker, isn't until December.

Popular links: Betfair trading software .....Bet Angel.....Learn to trade

No comments: