Monday, October 23, 2006

zzzsnooker trading and darts loss

Daily Result: £62.21

Busy with work day today but had a 40 minute break or so while waiting for someone who knows more about the database sat on my server than I do to tweak whatever needed tweaking to make it work. Spent the time dipping into the snooker on BBCi but had the misfortune to catch the Doherty v Robertson game. Watched the same frame for the whole time I was waiting with a run of safety exchanges that left me positive they'd eventually go for a rerack. Pretty dull stuff from a trading perspective but it occasionally happens in snooker. Still, managed to nick a few ticks towards the end once the balls were finally opened up again.

Screwed up in the evening on the darts. Only traded the first of the 6 or so short games there were. The Battle of the Jenkins. Andy v Terry. Terry won and I lost. Was trading small stakes again as not traded darts for a while and was just getting used to the markets again. Always lots of snooker and darts on over the festive period so like to keep my hand in.


Had a small green on each player which I switched to a larger green Andy J and smallish red Terry J as Andy looked like walking the final leg for the match. In fact he had two shots at a double but missed. Terry ended up getting 1 dart at a double and hit it. Somewhere in the middle before Andy went for his double I had a chance to level out for slightly more green but didn't like the odds I would have to lay him at. Couple that with my belief he'd hit D16 for the match and I let the bet ride. I'll often take poor value to get out of a position if I think the circumstances are right but this time I didn't, got it wrong and dropped nearly £70. A nice reminder as I get back into darts to seriously considering greening out when I can.

Popular links: Betfair trading software .....Bet Angel.....Learn to trade

No comments: