Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Darts trading profit

Daily Result: £57.82

So I hope you all had a good Christmas and Santa saw fit to deliver whatever it was you wanted! We had a good time here and when you combine the food drink and visiting that was going on I didn't really have a chance to get involved with anything trading wise until today. Which meant I missed out on a lot of overnight action on Christmas day and Boxing day but hey, trading isn't everything.

Finally got round to having a look at a few markets today. First up I caught around 20 minutes of the South Africa v India 2nd test. It was getting very dark, I could see play finished early the previous day so when the umpires got together I backed the draw. They were off for bad light withing 15 minutes and I've got around a £45 green any result. I know I layed that back off too early and could have held on for more but I also know I won't be around for the restart, and am going away for a week, so my main aim is not to leave any liabilities that I won't be able to keep an eye on. And, £45 is £45. Not bad for 20 minutes of watching cricket anyway.

The £57 profit logged for today came from the darts. Caught a little of the Wade v Ladley game near the end and made a tenner. The rest came from the Priestley v Laursen match. I got in a good lay of Priestley early on when it was clear he hadn't arrived with his A game and never really looked back.

Built my market position to £120 green the pair and then it all went a little wrong. Bascially I increased my green on Laursen at the expense of a Priestley red but the Dane missed 8 darts to win the match. (Yes, 8 fecking darts!) Which left me running for cover bailing Laursen green as I went, and only making around £50. After that little episode I simply left the match. Laursen is obviously very capable but was having some bottle problems. Priestley is class as we know. But the reality is the match could still go either way. And with the game so near the end the market was always going to be very volatile so I just left it and settled for the reduced profit. No point in risking the green in such a volatile market.

Anyway, it all means that as long as I don't lose anything tomorrow the result should be a profit of more than £1k this month which, considering I've not had much to trade, I'm more than happy with. Certainly more than I'd envisaged at the start of the month. And, of course, it keeps the wedding funds ticking over nicely. :-)

Popular links: Betfair trading software .....Bet Angel..... Free software trial

No comments: