Friday, December 29, 2006

Happy New Year

Well, that's it for me this year. Am off today on a short break with Emma and won't be back until 2007. So whatever you get up to this new year I hope you have a good one and it doesn't get too messy. :-)

I won't be trading or updating the blog while I'm away (A week without turning on the computer - bliss!) but there's plenty of other blogs listed down the right hand side which make a good read if you want to follow the betting lives of others. I particularly enjoy The Gambler, The Sports Trader, (Hope Leo gets well soon) Smiling Assassin and Feyang (though he's away at the moment too.)

I've had the blog going for nearly 8 months now. I've made a profit each month and am now nearly £10k up. Sure, small fry compared to many many others on Betfair but I'm pleased with it. And why not? I've turned £1k into nearly £11k through a part-time lowish risk approach. I've got to be happy with that!! When I started the blog I had a set goal of paying for as much of my wedding as I could by the time it comes round and, fingers crossed, I'm now hoping to cover the entire bash.

Hopefully in the new year I'll pass through the £10k mark and will no doubt do a little write up looking at some of the stats involved. Total amount traded (A scarily high figure!), commission paid, number of events traded etc etc.

In the meantime have a happy new year, good luck with your betting and I'll see you in 2007!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year. Just done my nuts btw. Roll on 2007. :-).

Unknown said...

Happy New Yr
Smiled the Assassin

Ray said...

Hi,
I am pleased to see things are going well for you. Have a great holiday and a Very Prosperous New Year.
Ray

Anonymous said...

Well done on the year
great effort from 1k start.
Was wondering how you can get those stats you were referring to?
(Total amount traded commission paid, number of events traded etc etc.)

Anonymous said...

hello
good blog!

please visit my blog too

tradingtennis

http://tradingtennis.blogspot.com

rc

The Betfair Trader said...

Thanks for good wishes. Had a great break and am ready to go for 2007!

RC> I'll add a link to your blog. If you could link back that would be great.

Anon> I get the stats by taking the relevant stats Betfair provides in the Betting P&L section and just dropping them into a spreadsheet on a regular basis. Unfortunately since returning from holiday I've discovered I seem to have deleted / lost some of the turn over and commission stats for a 2 week period from around 3.5 months ago. will have to see if Betfair can provide them. Still got the P/L but would be nice to know the exact turnover and comm stats rather than just being very close.