Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Quick round up

Nothing to really trade today that I fancied, or at least nothing that was completed, so no shift in the wedding funds. Still, gives me a chance to have a quick catch up on other stuff.

Firstly, since today's Betfair upgrade, I guess a lot of people have noticed that Betfair is linking to my blog. Despite the emails no, it doesn't mean I work for Betfair!! Or get paid by them in anyway. They just asked if they could use some of the stuff I write so I said fine but please link to me.

It doesn't mean I'm having to ok everything I write with a white wig wearing omnipresent Betfair censor! I'll still write what I like and I guess Betfair will use the content it likes. Which suits me fine as it just means hopefully more people will get to read my ramblings. Anyway, Sharper Minds probably noticed Betfair has been linking to the blog for over a month now. It's just that since the upgrade the links are now more prominent. To be honest it's nice to know someone at Betfair Towers thinks my daily drivel is worth reading!

With all the commotion over the Ashes I didn't get to blog about the overturn of the drugs ban on Pakistani cricketers Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Asif. I made some comments about strict liability and the contradictions in the Pakistani Cricket Board's positions throughout the affair on the Betfair cricket forum. But rather than go into great detail I really can't say what I have to say about the absurd decision much better than this Pakistani cricket fan who I reckon has it more or less spot on. And has also done a good follow up piece.

Finally, I did manage to get some trading in today. A couple of hours in the 1st test between New Zealand and Sri Lanka. Thought the draw was way too short through the day and for once managed to catch the low when I layed at 2.2. So have tied in a little profit against my better judgement as I just don't want to leave any liabilities up overnight. Probably have another look for an hour or two tomorrow, as well as doing the 2nd ODI between Pakistan and the West Indies.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Betfair Trader,
It’s good to see you getting some more publicity. I am in the same position as you with my Blog. I wanted to start a blog for all the reasons I have listed in it but as I used mainly Betdaq it seemed only right to name my blog the way I have. I, like you, write what ever I think and have no censorship at all. I also like the fact that other people enjoy reading my blog and have had many messages from Betfair users thanking me for the insight I have given them into different ways to trade the markets. Anyway Good Luck with your trading, Blogging and Wedding plans and hope that one day come of us blogger colleagues may get to meet up for a drink.
Ray Hi Russ,
Thanks for your comments I will give it some thought and be in touch later.
Ray http://thesportstrader.lastminuteliving.com/

Anonymous said...

I have added your link back in by the way.

The Gambler.

PS. Did you say you write something about my "wonderful" blog btw.

The Betfair Trader said...

Ray> Thanks for your kind wishes. Must admit I was surprised when Betfair first contacted me a couple of months ago but I'm not complaining. My reasons for starting the blog are pretty transparent and I've discussed them many times. From my point of view it's just good to have the extra readers and as long as I can write what I like I don't mind them using the content if they link. Good to see you're in a similar position with the Purple Place. It's a good read.

Similar to yourself I like the fact that there's at least someone out there who thinks my ramblings are worthwhile reading. And while I do sometimes try to give the odd bit of advice (I know there's others far more qualified!) and answer questions I've been getting something from the blog too. It wasn't something I expected but it means a lot of people have contacted me, I've had some interesting discussions, and received some solid advice - for which I'm very grateful.

John> Cheers for that! :-)

And yes, I did mention your blog a while back. Think I might start a campaign to make you keep it going if you don't decide to soon!