Sunday, January 07, 2007

£10k profit mark passed

Yesterday's Result: £79.12

A winning start to the year - and long may it continue! Had a quick look at two events today - part of the last day of the South Africa v India final test and some BDO action between Veitch and Klemme.

The cricket was volatile. The Saffers were on a very achievable run chase but the light was poor with with a threat of rain. I just kept stakes small and spent some time getting back into the swing of things after the break making just under £40. Then decided to do part of the darts match and pocketed just over £40. Didn't realise quite what a big £40 it was too untill after when I noticed it took me over the £10k profit mark for the first time since starting the blog 8 months ago! A most welcome start to the new year. :-) Again, I know it's small fry to many but it was a nice little milestone to pass on the first trading day of the year.

Unfortunately, in an all too predictable turn of events, I had a mare on an American football match in the early hours of today so am back under the 10K profit mark now. :-( Mad busy at the moment but I'll post the details of the loss soon - and at sometime in the near future I'll do a proper write up on reaching the £10 profit mark for the first time. Hopefully by then I'll be back through it - for good this time!

No comments: