Monday, February 26, 2007

Every profit counts

Daily Result: £9.26

So it's nothing to get excited about. And it sure as hell isn't going to pay for much at the wedding. But £10 is £10. Is better than a loss - and will at least pay for some of the postage on the invites that are going out shortly!

I had a quick look in on two tennis matches but barely got involved. Few small trades really and some of those I scratched. For what it's worth I had a look at Federer v Pless. Pless actually took a set but he was already a break up and on his way to making it 1-1 when I joined the match. Had a speculative lay of the Federer incase the impossible happened but ended up scratching it as he took control. The other game I dipped into was a WTA game between Oprandi and Mirza. Awful tennis. Awful match. Didn't spend too long looking at it.


I can't remember which trader it was but there's a passage in the Market Wizards book where one multi-millionaire trader argues that even each $10,000 ( ie, a very small profit) he makes is important. The reason he gives is basically that they add up surprisingly quickly. I like that idea. So will settle for my £10 today. But perhaps hope for more tomorrow. ;-)

No comments: