Sunday, March 25, 2007

Cricket World Cup weather

Daily Result: £80

Is it just me being grumpy or is anyone else getting a little bit fed up with all this rain we're getting in the Caribbean at the moment? The West Indies is getting millions of pounds of free tourist advertising here and instead of images of sun sea and spliff we're being treated to persistent rainfall that even Mancunians are starting to snigger at!

Which all means the cricket is being interrupted too often for my liking, the old Duckworth Lewis calculators are working overtime and this cricket trading lark is getting to be just a little bit more stressful that it really should be!

Today was another case in hand. Bermuda v Bangladesh. Easy win for the Bangles you'd reckon. And in the end it was. But not until four rain interruptions reduced it to a 41, 35, 30 and then 21 over match. And left batting conditions absolutely treacherous. So much so that a couple of the Bermudan bowlers were in danger of looking world class with the movement they were generating and wickets they were taking. Of course, my gripe is the weather cost me money - around £100 - as I ended up having to protect a large red on Bermuda. And I was also sat up until god knows what time on a Sunday night to make £10 profit on a cricket match!!

Still, I guess that's just cricket trading. I know it as well as the next person. And to be fair the weather has been useful in the past. For now though I just wish we could get a string of games together where we could bet on the cricket rather than paying as much attention to the weather.

The weather wasn't all bad news though as it meant I could look in on some rugby and tennis after a visit to the wedding venue early this afternoon for an open day. Just dipped into a few games really making around £20 on the rugby and £50 on the tennis. There's no cricket tomorrow as the Super 8s start on Tuesday so will no doubt have a look in on the Sony Ericcson Open again if I get round to trading.

No comments: