Monday, March 19, 2007

Pakistan coach Bob Woolmer dies

Just wanted to pay my respects. Former England cricketer and Pakistani coach Bob Woolmer died on Sunday from a suspected stress induced heart attack following his teams loss to Ireland the previous day.

It just shows the immense pressure the spot light can put on coaches. We see them sat their looking relaxed staring at their lap tops during the games and perhaps forget the strain they are under to produce results.

Woolmer was 58. My condolences go to his family and friends.

Bob Woolmer
obituary, tributes, more tributes and career history.

1 comment:

Sandracer said...

A sad day. The family must be devastated.

Woolmer should arguably have been the England coach. I am not so enamoured with International sporting sides being allowed to have foreign coaches.

To coach England, my belief is you should be eligible to play for the side.

Woolmer was born in India I believe, so he would have been able to coach them in my world, no problems.