Saturday, March 31, 2007

Short priced Super 8s wins

Result since last update: £150.92

A good end to what has turned out to be a great month trading wise - despite the slow start and initial loss. Picked up the £150 from two short-priced matches in the Cricket World Cup Super 8s - England v Ireland and Australia v Bangladesh.

Both satisfying wins although the England game was a little annoying. Would have made around £80 more on it but was pub bound and so closed a position that I didn't really want to for the simple reason that I wasn't prepared to leave a sizeable liability on Ireland, no matter how unlikely they were to win. The annoying thing was I'd been trying to lay England at 1.01. Stacks got matched and I figured I was close to the front of the queue. At which point the layers moved to 1.02. So I sat there. And again must have been near the front until the price went to 1.03, and 1.04. Ended up laying at 1.05 after two dropped catches by England and a pretty decent Irish partnership. Frustrating but the unbelievable end to the South Africa v Sri Lanka match the other night was a timely reminder that no matter what the circumstances you simply do not leave a sizeable unmanaged position on anyone in a cricket match!

Australia v Bangladesh turned out to be nothing more than lump on job. Reduced to a 22 over game a side I got 1.03 on Bangladesh after their terrible start. Thought it was great value. Obviously kept an eye on the game and was prepared to trade out for a few ticks loss if required to but the situation never really arose. Bangladesh's 104 was never going to be enough and the Aussies duly wrapped up a quickfire 10 wicket victory with Hayden and Gilchrist seemingly engaged in a private competition to see who could hit the biggest 6.

Anyway, it's been a good month and I'll do the monthly roundup soon. In the meantime I thought I'd leave a reminder of the exclusive free API trading software trial I mentioned a while back. The extra free trial time is still applicable.

No comments: