Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Friends Provident cricket trading

Daily Result: £934.08

So after losing on my first traded match of the domestic cricket season by getting too greedy today's result in the second has got me a little excited. Not just because of the £833 I made on the match between Durham and Lancashire but more importantly because of what it might mean for the rest of the season.

After a glut of ODIs with impressive liquidity I was a little concerned that recent improved results with a larger bank would be harder to replicate in less liquid markets. I still think they will. But today has shown me a few things. Namely that there is still sufficient liquidity for the relatively low levels I usually play at. And that although it is thinner, with wider gaps between prices, it is still possible, with a little thought, for me to get involved for as much as I want. There are certain aspects of what I do that I need to be more wary of but the basics are the same and appear to work. I guess we'll find out over the next few months but with several domestic tournaments being televised along with international ODIs and, of course, tests (Sad I know but is anyone else getting excited about these?!) I'm hoping I can continue with recent trading successes and enjoy a fantastic summer of cricket trading.

Anyway, back to today's match. Don't really have much to say. Just one of those dream games where I managed to read it well for the most part. Missed bits of the match here and there but essentially was on the right side of the Lancashire drift during the Durham innings before the Lancashire price fell again, and then got on the right side of Durham in the Lancashire run chase. Perhaps a little late with larger amounts of money but after losing on the match the other day I was happy to just try to ensure a win either side until I felt I knew the result.

I had a small 3-figure green on the snooker overnight. Didn't catch any of the afternoon session inbetween the cricket and furniture building but caught some of the evening one. Managed to add to the overnight position before getting on the wrong side of a fairly heavy losing trade when Higgins missed a sitter. At that point I decided to more or less stop and just watch the match. I was determined not to lose on the match for reasons I'll explain in tomorrow's (Monday's blog entry) I did get involved again right at the death and eventually made just over £100. Got to be said Selby made a mighty effort at the comeback and deserves great credit. Shame I missed those frames. At one point I was convinced he was going to win! Fair play to Higgins though. He saw off the challenge, regained his composure and finished the match in style with a couple of exceptional breaks under immense pressure in the last few frames. On reflection the worthy winner.

No comments: