Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Un Murray Minted

Daily Result: £172.22

Andrew Murray. I may have taken the piss out of the Scottish Sulker on numerous occasions last year but today I had sympathy for him. Totally bossing his match against Volandri before what looked like a serious wrist injury caused him to quit while 5-1 up and serving for the first set.

Of course, in true scum of the earth trader style the sorrow I felt at his exit was probably more to do with myself than him. By not completing the first set before retiring he cost me around a £230 all green position. Another green wiped out by a tennis retirement. :-( What was doubly annoying was I'd decided to play about in other games but do the Murray one properly. And I was trading it like a dream. Was looking at my first decent tennis win for a while.

To be fair though there was absolutley no way he could carry on. In fact I was totally staggered he went back onto court to try after calling for a trainer the first time. He could be quite clearly heard saying: "I can't play. It's painful, there's something moving in there." The doctor seemed more interested in pressuring him to go back on court though and suggested a strapping. Fucking ridiculous! All he had to do was look at the footage of the breakdown to realise there was no way on earth Murray should go back on court and risk worsening what already looked a bad injury. I think with a little more experience Murray would simply have refused point blank. But given that he was, in his own words, "playing the game of my life" he risked it. Hope he learns from that. A silly decision made under pressure. And we now await to learn the extent of the injury.

The day's profit did come from some other tennis from Hamburg. I had a look into a couple of games of the Becker v Hernandez match just to warm up for the Murray game. But once Murray retired got on with some work until the Waske v Melzer game and that's where the majority of today's £170 or so green came from. Not to be sniffed at. But disappointing given the possibilities of the Murray match.

Anyway, still on weather watch for the first test. Been tempted to level out my draw lay at 3.25 in the hope that the rain forecast early Thursday morning will push the draw price in so I can lay it again at a lower price. Have left it though. Can't see the rain delaying play and if England win the toss I can see the Windies being 3 or 4 wickets down before lunch. Well, in my dreams.... :-) Tomorrow's forecast should give us a better idea anyway.

No comments: