Monday, May 14, 2007

Netting a tennis profit

Daily Result: £28.30

Just a quick look in on the tennis today really. Been pretty busy and was up late last night playing poker. Well, when the cat's away and all that...

Got involved quickly in two matches from Hamburg. Hewitt v Calleri and Gaudio v Gasquet. Spent much of the time during the Hewitt match recovering from an early small 3 figure red position which I eventually managed to turn to a small all green figure. A pleasing turnaround and was happy with my trading during it. Ensured a small profit on the day anyway and small consistent profits is what it's about.

Looking to tomorrow I probably won't get up for the 3rd ODI between Bangladesh and India. Given the recent matches I'd rather catch up on some much needed beauty sleep than risk the weather. That said the weather is what it's all about on the betting front for the first test between England and West Indies on Thursday.

I layed the draw at 3.1 this morning. Just felt it was a little low. The draw price always gets pushed down but the forecasts are now better than they were and I just didn't think the news had filtered through to the market. Weather can change of course and the draw price can come in but I'm figuring on there not being much, if any play, lost to rain. Perhaps bad light yes. But that means overcast conditions which I figure will aid the bowlers early doors.

Anyway, that's not a tip! Especially after the last time I mentioned one of my bets, it promptly lost and loads of people then told me they'd had the same bet!! Layers should also keep their eyes on the Flintoff situation of course. And recent test results at Lords. That said though, whatever the weather, and whoever plays, I'm looking forward to Thursday a lot. Seems an age since we've had some test cricket to get stuck into after all the recent ODIs. Here's hoping it's a cracking match. With lots of early wickets to help that draw lay!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey mate,

Good to see you are back on the winning run - just a quick question:

What is the liquidty like on these tennis matches you have been trading? What sort of sums of money are you trading in at a time?

Just wondering if they are worth a look at in the future once I am back in England and trading come August.

Cheers,

afmfifgh

The Betfair Trader said...

Hi Afmfifgh> Apologies for not answering quicker. And thanks for that thread on the Betfair forum!

Liquidity is enormous on the inrunning tennis markets. More than enough for someone like myself. That said I tend to play tennis markets for small stakes, normally chunks of £250, sometimes £500. (See answer to staking question on the Big win but frustrating test match entry above this one) there's often tens of thousands sat there though. And hundreds of thousands when it gets down to the lower prices.