Sunday, May 13, 2007

Back to winning ways

Result since last update: £141.10

In the grand scheme of things I never really pay too much attention to a losing day. Or a losing week even. In fact, assuming normal trading patterns, monthly results is the about the smallest time frame I really pay attention too, That said it always feels good to pocket a win after a losing day so this £140 or so put a smile on my face.

Made the money from the Bangladesh v India 2nd ODI and the Gonzalez v Nadal tennis final from Rome. In all honesty I can't say I traded the cricket on Saturday. I went to London on Friday, picked up the resized wedding ring (it fits!) and headed out for drinks and a meal. Was feeling too delicate to get up for the pre-dawn start so got up at a more leisurely hour. Knew Emma was going away on business today too and we had shed loads to do so was going to give the trading a miss totally.

However, job one on the list was to get the remaining invites out so we stuck the cricket on as we stuffed and licked envelopes. Couldn't believe what I was seeing. Bangladesh were 90/4 from 19 overs and chasing 284 in a total of 49 overs. The required run rate was around 6.5. Fully expected no price available on India. But 1.02 was there. So I took it for a sizeable sum, right in time for the fall of another wicket, which did make India unbackable. Can't really call that trading. More lumping. But guess it helps to make up for my shocking timing the other day. :-)

India went on to win by 46 runs though the match wasn't as close as the result makes out. With the game all but over Mortaza decided to go out all guns blazing and made a quickfire 42 from 40 - which included 4 consecutive sixes!! But with so few wickets left, and so many runs to get, even such a superhuman effort merely served to make the loss more respectable.

As for the tennis I just took it easy today after dropping Emma off. Nadal notched up his 77th consecutive win on clay and will be will be into the 80s if he can keep up current form till the end of the French Open. It just sounds too ridiculous to even consider but, still aged just 20, and seemingly without equal on the red stuff, anyone else reckon he could make it to 100 straight wins on it?!!

The match? Well, he dismantled Gonzalez 6-2 6-2 and picked me up around £70 in the process. Nice to get a tennis win under my belt after after the recent Davydenko disaster.

Anyway, Emma is known abroad until next weekend. Reckon there's a chance I might get some trading and poker action in this week ;-)

No comments: