Sunday, June 24, 2007

Doshi strangles Hampshire

Daily Result: £510.38

Whoa! That's better. Way more than I expected to make on the Twenty20 match between Surrey and Hampshire. But then I didn't expect Hampshire to mess the game up quite so convincingly. That's what they did though. And I'm not complaining!

Actually to be fair Surry deserve some credit. Nayan Doshi in particular. In a match reduced to 10 overs a side due to the dreaded inclement stuff he managed to take 3 wickets for 6 runs in his 2 overs. And two of those runs came from an erroneus 7th ball in an over. It's simple really. In a 10 over match you can't afford to average 3 runs an over like that. Doshi didn't mind though and showed why he has the best Twenty20 bowling record. And also became the first player to take 50 wickets in the competition in the process.

Surrey were left needing 73 to win from their 10 overs. That they'd make it was never really in doubt. Hampshire were simply woefully short of a par score and Surrey wrapped the match up winning by 6 wickets with 7 balls in hand.

As for my trading. Well, I was expecting a volatile close tense affair. When Hampshire started collapsing though, and Doshi started containing, the market was one way traffic and I just hitched a ride with it. Nothing clever. No great insight. No master trading strategy. Just assessed the game, liked the odds and got on. I took a little profit when I considered it appropriate but on the whole let it ride.

So, a good result. And one that I can hope can be repeated over the coming weeks. For the next 16 days alone there's a live televised cricket match on Sky! On top of that an Andrew Murrayless Wimbledon starts tomorrow. Am sure I'll be getting involved but perhaps not as much as I'd like. Have a pretty busy period of normal work coming up, heaps of wedding stuff to organise, some painting and decorating to take care of and I'd like to do as much of the Twenty20 action as possible. Still, sure I'll find some time in between that little lot to squeeze a game or two in. ;-)

No comments: