Saturday, June 23, 2007

Twenty20 cricket trading

Daily Result: £53.98

Had another look in on the Twenty20 today trading the televised game between Nottinghamshire and Lancashire. Again took it easy on the stakes while I get used to the format once more and was pleased I did as it was a bit of a tricky one.

Lancashire batted first and after a rapid start courtesy of Loye and Jayasuriya lost their direction a bit. They recovered but their total of 163 was very much par and the 1.8ish about Notts to make the chase was a fair price. I mentioned on the Betfair forum that it was a tough one to call but with a strong Notts batting line up, and with Lancashire having nothing too special in the bowling department, I would pick Notts to win if I had to call it. And that's the position I duly took up.

Well, they did win. But it was a close one with big price fluctuations. I was in and out all over the place, sometimes locking in profits, sometime losses. Was pretty close in the end but eventually Notts chased down the 164 they needed to record only the 4th time it's been done at Trentbridge. It was hard work and really could have gone either way towards the end so was pleased with the £44 I made on the match. Especially as a big thunderstorm at home had knocked my Sky Sports pictures out for a while, and I had a computer crash at a crucial trading point near the end of the game. More importantly though the Notts win, which made it two from two for the Outlaws, leaves me in a nice profitable, if small, position in the outright market. With their next match against Leicestershire I'm considering levelling out of that one now and looking for another opportunity.

I made the other £10 today on the Clement v Karlovic tennis final. Just traded a game of karlovic's serve while waiting for the Twenty20 to start and levelled out for equal green at the end of it.

Anyway, tomorrow's televised Twenty20 sees Surrey take on Hampshire. Will check out the team / toss news first but with Surrey at 1.64 I'll be looking for an excuse to get stuck in and oppose them. Warne and Clark will obviously be big misses for Hampshire mind. Guess I'll just have to see if it's the right thing to do on the day. Should be a good one anyway. Good luck if you get involved.

No comments: