Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Netting a tennis profit

Yesterday's Result: £331.97

Got involved in three matches from the French Open yesterday. Actually enjoyed spending a bit of proper time doing the tennis again despite running into difficulties early on due to some atrocious timing. Managed a profit on each match though and am pleased with the daily result.

The three games were Henin v S. Williams, Federer v Robredo and Davydenko v Canas. The Henin one was a bit of a nightmare. I won't bore you with the details but I was lucky to get away with a £12 win really. Everything just seemed to go against me, from net chords to over rules to ridiculous unforced errors. Worst of all though was my timing. When I finally switched from Williams to Henin, Henin immediately dropped her first service game - to love! And that wasn't an isolated example either!!

What Lady Luck takes away she can give back though and I traded the Federer match like a dream. My timing was back and I enjoyed the match picking up just over £260. Thankfully the good timing continued to the Davydenko game. I only traded 3 points towards the end and picked up another £57. All of which added up to another nice contribution to the wedding funds.

Anyway, it's a quick entry but I'm busy today. Won't be able to trade the tennis as I want to get some work out the way before the test match tomorrow. My original draw lay at 3.35 is looking good. I just hope the toss goes my way this time. I want the West Indies to bat first and collapse, with the exception of Ramdin. Not too much to ask is it?! :-)

No comments: