Saturday, July 07, 2007

Darts trading

Yesterday's Result: £45.40

Just a quick catch up today as off out for a surprise 80th birthday for my gran very shortly. Big family get together been planned for months. Some have even come from Australia so here's hoping it's a good day.

Emma got home from China yesterday and we got some shopping and house stuff done. Trying to get all the big jobs around the house out the way before the wedding. All getting very close now but the house is starting to look good. After a 13 hour flight she was tired so we decided to stay in for the evening. Yet more rain meant the televised Twenty20 match was cancelled. Caught a bit of the darts though. I know this rain is persistent but with the darts being played indoors in the middle of a desert. I'd like to see the rain mess with that!

Made £145.40 on the darts looking into a few games. Had the misfortune to catch the utter crock of shite Manley and Osborne served up. Not seen darts that poor on television for a while. Awful stuff.

Turns out I lost £100 on my outright Wimbledon bet too as Roddick lost his quarter final. Second time I've had an outright market bet for £100 recently and never really had the chance to trade out for a profit. I got that one wrong. Even if he'd won yesterday he would have had to face Federer next. That's where I thought I'd get out for a profit. But it seems the market had looked at their head to head record, didn't give Roddick a chance and, despite his winning several matches, Roddick's odds just seemed to lengthen each time he won - no matter how convincgly. Annoyed about that as I spent some time considering the bet and clearly just got it wrong.

Anyway, got to go. Good luck if you get involved in today's 3rd ODI between England and West Indies - or any event for that matter!

No comments: