Sunday, July 08, 2007

Tennis and darts trading

Daily Result: £176.32

Had an enjoyable day away from trading yesterday. Big family get together for my gran's 80th birthday in the afternoon and drinks and a curry in the evening with some family and friends. Had a quick look in today at the men's final from Wimbledon, and caught some of the end of the Desert Classic from Las Vegas this evening.

Wimbledon was a total washout for me this year. With all the rain and delayed / interrupted matches I barely got involved. Made a small profit on the tournament but looking back through my results I'm surprised at how few markets I had a go at. Been very busy yes, and preferring the cricket, but still surprised at how few of the matches I did. Caught some of the end of today's match but on the whole just watched it rather than trading it. Time is getting scarecer and scarcer as we approach the wedding but hopefully I'll be able to step up the tennis trading.

As for the darts I had a look in on each of today's three matches. Dipped into both the semi finals and did maybe the first 6 or 7 legs of the final itself. Made a profit on each match so pretty pleased. In fact, the weather has been so awful recently that looking back over my last week's results darts has been my most profitable sport. Ahead of cricket and then tennis. Not often that happens!

Anyway, Sky's televised cricket for the next few days is the county championship match between Lancashire and Yorkshire. First day was rained off today and I'd be surprised if they get underway on time tomorrow. The draw is obvioulsy very short. Liquidity will be poor too so I might just give that one a miss and get on with some other work.

Looking ahead it should be a quiet period on the trading front. The Pro40 cricket season starts on Friday and there's no tennis or darts on for a while. I'll be away in Spain for my stag for the first test between England and India too. So results wise the blog should be quiet for a while. Still, that should give me time to update some links and discuss a few issues I've been meaning to for a while. As well as get on with some proper work and get everything prepared for the wedding!

3 comments:

TJ said...

Hello there, just a quick note to say I've added a link to your blog. A reciprocal link is most appreciated, but not required.

Mark Iverson said...

Hi BT,

I think you have my Darts money - can I have a refund?:-)

The Betfair Trader said...

Hi TJ. Thanks for the link. I have actually been linking a while from the Betting Blogs page but I'll add another link in the right hand column. Cheers.

Mark> :-) Refunds available in Friday's Pro40! Nice going this month btw.