Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Maximum loss but happy days

Yesterday's Result: £799.88

Ouch! Not good. I've not had the time to double check yet but have a feeling that could be my biggest loss since starting the blog. As it's also probably the last opportunity I'm going to have a trade before I get back from honeymoon it's not really the best way to leave things either. But on the plus side I guess I'm still in profit for the month. So what happened? Well, in between some poor trading circumstances conspired against somewhat. To be perfectly honest though I just have more important things on my mind other than trading right now. So it's probably time to stop anyway.

The wedding is less than two weeks away and we're frantically trying to get everything ready. Still got to do the order of services, table plan, place cards, favours, free drinks things, cravat making and seemingly a million other things. Tonight we're off to pick Emma's wedding dress up and visit the venue to finalise details. All very exciting but getting stressful. Got to have a think about my speech and buy some presents at some point as well. On the plus side the honeymoon is all sorted and all I have to do now is pick the travellers cheques up tomorrow. :-)

Aside from all of that things have gone more than a bit, well, frankly mental, with my proper work / business. Totally snowed under but with some good things happening. Certainly looking forward to chilling on the honeymoon :-)

Missed Monday's Pro40 cricket as I went to watch my local football team's legends play a charity match. A little surprised they managed to muster 22 players to be honest ;-) but all in a good cause and there was even a queue at the burger bar for Alcohol Only! If only that happened every match. :-)

Last night's Pro 40 between Derbyshire and Leicestershire turned into a bit of a disaster. Not going to go into it all here but basically I had to leave the game for large periods during which I was left with little option but to tie in reds / reduce greens when otherwise I'd have probably held the positions. Finally, when I got to do it with no distractions I had just about the biggest market move possible against me in two balls. (I'd backed the fielding team at the death and the number 10 batsmen hit two sixes in two balls!) I figure the only thing worse than that is two sixes from two front foot no balls.

Anyway, it caused carnage in the markets, I couldn't dump all my position until after the second six and by then I'd doubled my red and was just over my max loss limit. I'd had the good sense to only get involved to the extent where the worst case scenario was the maximum loss. I didn't actually expect to make it but them's the breaks! The market moved slightly more than I anticipated, hence the extra few quid loss over the maximum loss. With hindsight I should have just left the match earlier when it became obvious I couldn't give it the attention it required. I don't normally like to get involved at the death of matches with big swings possible too so that was no doubt another error.

That's probably it on the trading front now until I get back from honeymoon. Can't do tonight's, not going to get the opportunity to watch most the test match, let alone trade it, and next week is looking pretty full too. Hell, turns out I'm even getting married! Might sneak in an innings somewhere. Have to see. Otherwise it'll be all systems go for the Twenty20 World Cup after the honeymoon. Will still update the blog a few times in the meantime though.

So that's that. Did my bollocks today. But in all honesty am more stressed about wedding stuff and the proper work developments. Wish you all good luck in your punting over the next few weeks and if you have the time why not check some more new blogs I'm going to be linking to -
Roberts Racing and Tony Quinlan.

Right, gotta dash. Rambled right on there. Thought that was going to be a quick short entry!

10 comments:

Sports Punter said...

Good Luck for the next few weeks. I hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Have a great break, you'll get this loss back and more in the 20/20 world cup I am sure.

Take Care

Freddy

http://lifeandsportspunting.blogspot.com/

dip said...

Hi,
Wishing both of you all the best.Bad we will miss you for sometime.As for your big loss sometimes there is always positive things hidden behind every setback that guides us for better future.

Ray said...

Hi BF Trader,

I wish you all the best over the next few weeks. I hope the wedding goes well and look forward to your updates.

Ray

Man of Mystery said...

Hello mate. Thanks for your good wishes elsewhere. I'm sorry to see your loss. I know the feeling about your mind being on other things. Take a break, get married and start afresh. Have a great time.

Richard said...

Enjoy the wedding day, it flies by so fast! Must admit, I've only been back from my honeymoon for a few weeks and its still hard readjusting back to the real world!
Have a great one!

Anonymous said...

All the best to you both for the big day and the future. Enjoy the wedding and avoid all sport while you are on your honeymoon !

Mark Iverson said...

Hi BT,

All the best for the big day - can't believe it's here already!

Enjoy the honeymoon and have a good long think about what you're next target's going to be!

Good luck!

Mark

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the wedding; I echo a previous comment, it flies by!

Hope the trading is good for you when you return

Anonymous said...

I was expecting an update on the honeymoon. I am thinking of cancelling my subscription. :-(.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck for Saturday mate.

Hope all goes really well.

Enjoy it!

(My birthday too!)

All the best

Paul
("trader pj")