Thursday, August 16, 2007

Quick update

So sorry for the lack of updates recently. I just never realised there was quite so much to do in the lead up to the big day. It sounds ridiculous but I honestly haven't managed more than an email or two for proper work this week while sport - both trading and simply watching - has been next to impossible.

Didn't catch a moment live of the last test between England and India. Caught some highlights one night and India looked in total control. Saw it ended in a draw which I guess is all they needed.

Been a bit stressed this week with trying to get everything sorted in time. Just been snowed under with last minute problems (Grrrr) and trying to get everything we knew about done. Was also given a flash drive with some stag photos on it which had a fecking nasty trojan on it that took hours to sort out. My fault I guess for not scanning it before opening it. :-(

We also seemed to have planned our honeymoon right bang in the middle of the protest at Heathrow by the crusty types. :-P Really not sure if we're going to be able to make it to the airport or not when we need to so are having to come up with all kinds of plans. Some stress we don't need...

Just wanted to quickly say a big thankyou for all the kind messages that have been left over the last few days. Much appreciated. The big day is Saturday. Been using all my weather prediction skills from cricket trading to try and come up with a nice sunny day for it but so far it's proving near impossible. Near 100% cloud cover with light showers and the possibility of thunderstorms seems to be the general message. Bollocks bad luck. But we're keeping our fingers crossed.

Anyway, I'll do a quick entry tomorrow too. I'm sorry I can't remember your name but there was a guy from Betfair who got in contact when I first started the blog who was getting married the day before me. I make that tomorrow so best of luck mate and hope it all goes well.

Right, I'm knackered. Still got the place names and drinks vouchers to do before bed though. Luckily I've been given an impressive selection of single malts to keep me going :-). Back tomorrow with the last update before the wedding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All the best for the big day mate and enjoy that honeymoon!

afmfifgh.