Thursday, December 13, 2007

Testing times

Result since last update: £662.38

It's great to see cricketers back in whites. Competing at "proper" cricket in a true test of tactical savvy, concentration and endurance. But while I love test cricket - and especially trading it - recent matches have proved tough for me. Just not been getting them quite right - at least on the exchanges - and keep being left to look at what could have been.

The two tests earlier this month were a little hit and miss for me - winning on one, losing on the other - and the end of yesterday's third test between India and Pakistan proved to be another frustrating one. Eventually made a tiny profit on the game - from what had been a moderate one - when, realistically 12 balls away from an agreed draw, Pakistan embarked on a suicide mission losing wickets almost as quick as I could utter abuse in their general direction!

The end of today's second test between Sri Lanka and England bought better news and is where most the profit since the last update comes from. Always happy with a profit but can see where I went wrong earlier in the match which ultimately cost me a far larger win.

Anyway, I've done a review of my trading in the last few tests to try and see exactly where I've not been getting things quite right. Always useful to review relatively poor performances and all worth bearing in mind as we go forward to the final test at Galle next week. And, indeed, over the next couple of months where there is a pretty full test cricket schedule that will hopefully provide some nice profits!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi
I love reading your blog and seeing how you are doing. I have recently started trading test matches on betfair and had a great start trading the draw and making good profits on the first 6 tests I traded but have had a couple of big losses on the last couple involving pakistan and India. Do you have any advice or tips on trading cricket as I see you make considerable profits from cricket matches
Thanks
Martin

Anonymous said...

What's going on?
Why don't you update regular nowdays?
You are a link between all other bloggers and a real guide to many traders.
Don't do like this.