Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Waiting for Henman

Daily Result: £7.45

With BBCI in on the tv action I knew the Henman game from Roland Garros would be shown in full so decided to wait for it. Had a lot to do today and was pleased rain held up the games so I could get other stuff out the way.

Too much rain though so ended up having a very quick dip into the Nalbandian v Gasquet game while waiting for Henman - hence the £7.45. Hey, I said it was a quick!!

"Tiger" finally made it onto the court and it was a disaster. Ended up bailing out of my too long-held position for red shortly after game 2 when he was broken and with Tursunov on fire. Henman didn't actually play too badly but the game just wasn't a contest with the Russian's power hitting. Awesome stuff.

Worked on reducing the red sensibly rather than just lumping on Tursonov. But at 2-0 as bad light stopped pay it's looking bleak. The risk-averse way I'm reducing the red means realistically I need Henman to equal the match to get back to a decent all green position. Either that or have some lumpy bets (which would leave Henman large red with a small Trusonov green) but that isn't what this is about. I've a set bank and would rather take a managable loss than lump everything on the Russian and hope he wins. Because although I'm sure he will there will come a time when he obviously won't. And that would wipe out a large part of my profit to date. Long term success at this game is largely about control. This is a time to bite the bullet and exercise it.

No comments: