Monday, June 05, 2006

Murali the great

Daily Result: £107.62

Had my eye on the Ljubicic match today. Like trading his games and got off to a great start until I had to cut losses on a losing trade. I knew broadcasters would switch to the day's big match - Hewit v Nadal - as soon as they got on court and unfortunately the match before them was cut short due to injury. As I didn't want to trade the Ljubicic game on the back of the scoreboard I ended up having to leave it when the coverage switched.

I considered a lay of Nadal but my thinking was coloured more by how to get involved in the match rather than whether I should. Never a good idea. Anyway, I prefered the look of the 4th day of the England v Sri Lanka test so tuned into that.

And what an afternoon it was! I caught most of the session between lunch and tea where England didn't so much collapse as disintegrate. Awesome stuff from Muralitharan who, though he finished with 8-70, actually took 8-28 in one period!!! Outstanding performance. And a fitting way for the great man to bow out on his last test match in England.


Made around £80 on the game. Not bad for a few hours but could have been so much more. Truth is the wickets were falling so quickly it was getting hard to keep up!! Must have been some burnt fingers among England backers today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

Can you talk about the way you trade the tennis matches?

Anonymous said...

Great Blog, good read.
Which software do you use to trade?
I've been looking to purchase some to make trading easier.
Mark